These forums have officially been deprecated. Please post all new issues on the IDZ forums.

Android Plugin Development

Android Plugin Development

Postby kapilatairpush » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:38 am

Hi XDK Team,

I want to use java plugin in XDK for android project. I am following below tutorial and able to develop and use my plugin very well.

Tutorial Link: http://www.html5dev-software.intel.com/ ... N_DOCUMENT

Problem: I have develop one more plugin which need some specific entries in the manifest file. There is one option/"text box" to enter manifest file in XDK which comes while uploading plugin, and the text box is labeled as "Enter Manifest". I have pasted my manifest file in this text box but these manifest entries are not taking effect. My special manifest entry which i want to make is a <activity>. Please let me know, if there is some other way to make these entries.
kapilatairpush

Re: Android Plugin Development

Postby IntelPaulF » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:13 am

That documentation refers to building plugins for the old AppMobi XDK and container. That feature is being phased out and will, eventually, be replaced by standard Cordova 3.x plugins. Unfortunately, the Cordova 3.x plugin support is not yet available, so we're in limbo right now. We will be supporting Cordova plugins in a future release, but company policy prevents us from publishing a release date or roadmap. When such a feature is supported it will be posted on the forum and will be highlighted in the release notes.

For now, I would invest any plugin development time in Cordova plugins using the Cordova CLI. When we support the use of those plugins you'll be able to take that code and reuse it with the XDK.
Paul Fischer
Technical Consulting Engineer
Intel Corporation, HTML5 Dev Tools
IntelPaulF

Re: Android Plugin Development

Postby kapilatairpush » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:37 am

Paul, Thank you very much for your auspices!!

Please intimate me, whenever this feature is launched as i will be waiting anxiously .
kapilatairpush

Return to XDK Questions